fot

RE: Attending the TR/MG Challenge

To: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Subject: RE: Attending the TR/MG Challenge
From: mikee@ragtops.com
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 09:52:08 -0500
> Michael,
>
> Have you on my list as honored FOT guest...any chance of bringing your 'work
> in process' Italia as a display.
>
> Frame with shell set on frame.....even.
>
> Mouth watering thought to me  & my buddy, Jack Drews.
>
> Could do a critique of it by those who have words of wisdom.

Joe, Jack and all FOT,
   We did a concours restoration of an Italia and the owner wanted to show the
car at every oppurtunity. Here in S.E. PA we have a show fairly large show
called New Hope Auto Show (35 yrs old, named after local artist's colony). The
first time we showed the car it had been dismantled, the body dipped in in zinc
chromate primer and the chassis was done enough to roll it around. The
second time we showed it the body was in paint, 'Rosso Chiaro', and the
chassis was completed. We made a support which held the body up about 2'
above the chassis so that all could admire the work. The Third time the car was
finished and took awards on both days of the show. If my Italai is finished and
mobile enough by the time of this event I may be able to bring it along. I'd
like
to get some commentary/advice about progress at that point. At the very least
I'll have pictures.

Michael Engard
1970 Rover 3500S
1961 Triumph Italia 2000 GT