fot

Re: FOT NewsFlash: Announcing SVRA TR/MG Challenge

To: bwarner@mediaone.net, n196x@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: FOT NewsFlash: Announcing SVRA TR/MG Challenge
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 09:33:44 EST
In a message dated 11/4/98 7:09:59 PM Central Standard Time,
bwarner@mediaone.net writes:

<< I appreciate the invitation, and I would really like to bring the Group
 44 TR-6, but bear in mind that even 25 years ago it ran with some pretty
 agressive cantilever tires (10" footprint), trick gears, acid dipped,
 Mercedes halfshafts, and all the other Group 44 tricks that Bob T. could
 get by the SCCA.  It still has all these goodies and will get around
 Lime Rock at 1:00 or Savannah in a 1:21, so this may not be a fair car
 in relationship to other TR-6's.  Let's face it, the car is a ringer,
 but it is a 1972 ringer, not a 1998 ringer.   Please advise if you still
 want it.   Bill Warner >>

Bill:

The Tullius/P.Newman TR6 is clearly one the more historically significant TRs
in the world.  HELL YES we want it!

My only concern is how your blatant honesty will fit into the current vintage
venues.

Bill Dentinger