fot

Come the Seasons

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Come the Seasons
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 01:14:01 -0700 (MST)
Drove back from the shop tonight in a cold, dark rain.  I don't think it
is summer anymore.  And now, as I sit here at my home desk, snow has started
falling, big soft flakes that would dwarf a quarter.  Winter has, I fear,
made its presence known.

The coming snows mean that spring is only months away, time to start planning
the Fat Chance Garage & Brewery's annual Beach Party.  Usually the saturday
before the President's day weekend of February.  If you happen to be in Salt
Lake City then, feel free to stop by.

But the schedule I'm thinking of now is the 1999 season for Intermountain
Vintage Racing.  Our events are, well, I'll just say a bit less extravagant
than BRIC was.  IVR is a small and struggling club here in Utah, but with the
site in Tooele (Officially pronounced two-ILL-ah, though some wags have been
known to call it tool-ee) we might start scrounging up some interest.  Last
night was the club's monthly meeting, and we sort of made a schedule for the
1999 season.  Five weekends, all at the new site, no hillclimbs since BOTH
our usual spots will be too involved with construction for the 2002 Olympics.

So if you are snuggled into the easy chair, before the crackling fire,
dreaming of grandiose plans for the coming summer, keep these dates in mind,
in case you find you and your car out in the middle of the sagebrush desert
for some reason. We can always use workers.

 April 17/18

 May 8/9  ( We couldn't determine if this or the following Sunday was Mother's
            Day.  Our event wil be the weekend that is NOT Mother's Day.
            Father's Day is never a problem.  Odd.)

 June 5/6

 July 31/Aug 1  (Forget it, I'll be at VTR)

 Sep. 25/26

You know, it is probably time for me to drag that production racer Spit that I
purchased a few years ago out of storage and down to the shop.  I need to get
it ready to go by April 17, two days after taxes are due.  Say, did you ever
notice how politicians have managed to make the day we vote on government and
the day we pay for it so far apart?

mjb.