fot

Re: Brumos Daytona Continental Historics

To: "Jeff Snook" <jsnook@wcnet.org>, "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brumos Daytona Continental Historics
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 18:44:44 -0600
Your report reminds me very much of my "new" home track, Texas World
Speedway, another NASCAR track turned into a road race course. It's new
because the owner finally opened up the long promised back section,
providing a 2.9 mile course instead of 1.9 miles. It really opens up the
course, allowing cars like mine to maintain position in the longer sweepers
instead of getting caught in traffic in the shorter track's tight turns. We
use the front straight, exiting over 100 mph in the TR3 into a sweeping left
still on the gas while dropping through the apron. It's a good place to pass
for the faster cars but the TR3 can usually go in deeper than most.
We race again Feb 13 & 14th. Anyone want info. See the webpage at:
http://www.texasworldspeedway.com/
and our racegroup CVAR
http://web2.airmail.net/cvar1/

Bob Kramer, Austin