fot

DEVIN TR3

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: DEVIN TR3
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 00:50:03 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01BE0DD6.627A57A0

I got the news tonight, and my offer for a DEVIN TR3 was accepted. I am =
to be the proud owner of a completely disassembled, former street DEVIN. =
I am promised all the parts, but there is lots of work to do. I have a =
TR3 parts car with a solid frame that I was going to sell off, but now I =
will rebuild that frame while I use the current one to hold the tub =
together for welding repairs. The body is supposed to be in good shape =
but I expect that I will be fixing lots of suspect areas anyway. It's a =
big project, but I'm game. I was planning on starting a new car to =
replace the TR3 vintage racer anyway, and I was thinking of building up =
either a TR4A or a TR250 when this car showed up in Hemmings. I bought =
the TR3 as a starter car and will sell it off for someone else to start =
out with when the DEVIN is nearing completion.=20

Does anyone have any information on DEVIN's that they would be willing =
to share such as the original instructions that came with a DEVIN TR3? I =
only have a few pictures of completed DEVIN's, so anything would =
probably help.

With this purchase, I have decided that I better go through with it and =
get serious and sell off my collection of "for restoration" cars.
I will be taking thorough pictures of each, and I guess I'll advertise =
them in Hemmings. Forgive me for bombing the lists! Here's what I have:

1-TR250 Red/Blk, almost rust free, but bondo dent repair front =
valance/fender area, needs complete restoration but was running until I =
parked it to save the engine (excessive end float). Perfect seats, no =
front bumper, hood has a few dings.  4 Spd. Wire wheels. $2500.00

2-TR250 Red/Blk, needs floors, rockers typical rust in tops of fenders =
and rear deck, frame redone by PO and that's as far as he got. I have =
some spare panels off of a TR4A that would fix the rear deck and =
fenders. Seats VG, but missing some parts. No hubcaps. This is the car =
that I thought would make a good racecar since it is incomplete. 4 Spd.=20
$1250.00

3-TR250 Blue/Blue, needs floors, rockers, not quite as rusty as #2, but =
mostly complete needing full restoration. Seat need foam and recovering, =
interior shot. Dented front fender and bumper (I may have the parts =
depending on what goes with #2) No hubcaps 4 Spd.=20
$1500.00

4-TR4A original BRG, now silver tops/red sides. Car is 95% rust free, =
very straight but was modified to fit a V8. This means that the battery =
tray was cut out and new sheet stock welded in. Motor mounts are also =
changed. I have the original engine and 4 Spd, but no seats. All gauges =
there, bit windshield gone.   =20
$1000.00

5-TR6 1971, Saffron very straight and rust free, no interior (I have =
seats to go with it. Has minor dent in RF fender and a dent on front =
edge of hood (I'll throw in a spare) Perfect bumpers with badge bars. =
Original paperwork from first owner, 54000 miles 4 spd. Bought from =
estate and trying to get clear title. Hasn't run in years but an easy =
restoration.=20
$2500.00 when I get title.

6-TR6 1973 Brown, extremely straight and rust free. Hasn't run in a =
while. Has Air Conditioning but also hasn't run in a few years. Paint =
fair, all records. Bought from same estate and awaiting title.=20
$3000.00 when I get title.

Most of these prices are "what I have in them" I've collected parts to =
try and make each car as complete as I could since my plan was to =
someday restore them and sell them. Having said that, I don't have to =
sell them as I have plenty of storage, but the $ would go to the Devin. =
Thanks in advance for any info you can share and any help or leads that =
you pass on.

Bob Kramer, Austin TX
Hill Country Triumph Club
TR6's, TR250's, TR3A vintage race
rgk@flash.net

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01BE0DD6.627A57A0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I got the news tonight, and my offer =
for a DEVIN=20
TR3 was accepted. I am to be the proud owner of a completely =
disassembled,=20
former street DEVIN. I am promised all the parts, but there is lots of =
work to=20
do. I have a TR3 parts car with a solid frame that I was going to sell =
off, but=20
now I will rebuild that frame while I use the current one to hold the =
tub=20
together for welding repairs. The body is supposed to be in good shape =
but I=20
expect that I will be fixing lots of suspect areas anyway. It's a big =
project,=20
but I'm game. I was planning on starting a new car to replace the TR3 =
vintage=20
racer anyway, and I was thinking of building up either a TR4A or a TR250 =
when=20
this car showed up in Hemmings. I bought the TR3 as a starter car and =
will sell=20
it off for someone else to start out with when the DEVIN is nearing =
completion.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Does anyone have any information on DEVIN's that =
they would be=20
willing to share such as the original instructions that came with a =
DEVIN TR3? I=20
only have a few pictures of completed DEVIN's, so anything would =
probably=20
help.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>With this purchase, I have decided that I better go =
through=20
with it and get serious and sell off my collection of &quot;for=20
restoration&quot; cars.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I will be =
taking thorough=20
pictures of each, and I guess I'll advertise them in Hemmings. Forgive =
me for=20
bombing the lists! Here's what I have:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT><FONT size=3D2>1-TR250 =
Red/Blk, almost rust=20
free, but bondo dent repair front valance/fender area, needs complete=20
restoration but was running until I parked it to save the engine =
(excessive end=20
float). Perfect seats, no front bumper, hood has a few dings.&nbsp; 4 =
Spd. Wire=20
wheels. $2500.00</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>2-TR250 Red/Blk, needs floors, rockers typical rust =
in tops of=20
fenders and rear deck, frame redone by PO and that's as far as he got. I =
have=20
some spare panels off of a TR4A that would fix the rear deck and =
fenders. Seats=20
VG, but missing some parts. No hubcaps. This is the car that I thought =
would=20
make a good racecar since it is incomplete. 4 Spd. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>$1250.00</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>3-TR250 Blue/Blue, needs floors, =
rockers, not=20
quite as rusty as #2, but mostly complete needing full restoration. Seat =
need=20
foam and recovering, interior shot. Dented front fender and bumper (I =
may have=20
the parts depending on what goes with #2) No hubcaps 4 Spd. =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>$1500.00</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>4-TR4A original BRG, now silver tops/red sides. Car =
is 95%=20
rust free, very straight but was modified to fit a V8. This means that =
the=20
battery tray was cut out and new sheet stock welded in. Motor mounts are =
also=20
changed. I have the original engine and 4 Spd, but no seats. All gauges =
there,=20
bit windshield gone.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>$1000.00</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>5-TR6 1971, Saffron very straight and rust free, no =
interior=20
(I have seats to go with it. Has minor dent in RF fender and a dent on =
front=20
edge of hood (I'll throw in a spare) Perfect bumpers with badge bars. =
Original=20
paperwork from first owner, 54000 miles 4 spd. Bought from estate and =
trying to=20
get clear title. Hasn't run in years but an easy restoration. =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>$2500.00 when I get title.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>6-TR6 1973 Brown, extremely straight and rust free. =
Hasn't run=20
in a while. Has Air Conditioning but also hasn't run in a few years. =
Paint fair,=20
all records. Bought from same estate and awaiting title. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>$3000.00 when I get title.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Most of these prices are &quot;what =
I have in=20
them&quot; I've collected parts to try and make each car as complete as =
I could=20
since my plan was to someday restore them and sell them. Having said =
that, I=20
don't have to sell them as I have plenty of storage, but the $ would go =
to the=20
Devin. Thanks in advance for any info you can share and any help or =
leads that=20
you pass on.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Bob Kramer, Austin TX<BR>Hill =
Country Triumph=20
Club<BR>TR6's, TR250's, TR3A vintage race<BR><A=20
href=3D"mailto:rgk@flash.net";>rgk@flash.net</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML=

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01BE0DD6.627A57A0--