fot

Re: Your V8 Spitfire!!!!

To: jantoms@vbe.com, "Smith, Brian" <brian_s@deq.state.la.us>
Subject: Re: Your V8 Spitfire!!!!
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 07:10:51 -0500
I guess I missed the beginning of this conversation, but regarding
the handling of a Rover V8 in a GT-6:  When I first began autocrossing
out in Boulder/Denver, Colorado, there was a guy there that was
running a BOP-powered GT-6 in SCCA's E-Mod class.  This meant that
all the glass and interior was stripped out, no lights etc and large
slicks.  The thing was seriously fast, both in a straight line and
around corners; he usually set the Fastest Time of Day.  The air
cleaner sticking up through the hole in bonnet was an interesting
touch...

later,

John Lye
rjl6n@Virginia.edu