fot

TR3 Serial number question.

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Serial number question.
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 07:53:48 EST
Looking at TR3 project car that has serial number TSF 383 L. The car is titled
as a 1962. This date and year seem to indicate that it is a TR3B rather than a
TR3. Is that correct ?

I have asked this question before. What color was the primer used on TR3s? I
apologize, I quess I getting old. There are a few areas of this car (under
rear carpeting and near the gas tank) that have white paint. Otherwise the car
has been apparently repeatedly paint a metallic blue color (including under
the carpeting in the front seats). Since I am told that the factory never used
metallic colors, am I to conclude that this car was originally white ?