fot

Re: New FOT Members

To: Jeff Snook <jsnook@wcnet.org>, Mark Bradakis <mjb@spitfire.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: New FOT Members
From: Russ Moore <rem9@cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 09:39:20 -0500
Actually Jeff, it's Dave Spiwack with the TR-3. I met Dave a number of
years ago and his car has continued to improve over the course of time.
Dave, his wife, and I shared disasters this year at Mid-Ohio as a Porsche
driver (yes, Jeff, read it and weep!) tried to tear off the awning on our
motorhome while trying to blindly back into a remote tight spot, then
proceeded to run his race trailer into Dave and Theresa's camper, in fact
causing her to flee her chair as he ran it over. And they wonder why the
spirit of "Battle of Britian" is perpetuated.
Don't be surprized if a few Claymores are set in the perimeter next year to
eliminate this problem!
One of those things you just shake your head at.

Good folks and very welcomed to the group.

We should also put in a plug for the Mid-Ohio SVRA event at this time. It
is a Triumph vs MG affair and promises to be a great time. We considered a
run against Morgans, but they share too many parts with TR's and anyway
there are termites in Ohio and the Morgan folks fear for their wooden
parts. We of course just oil bathe everything.

Best regards
Russ Moore
Spitfire Squadron