fot

Re: response from Tim Suddard on floor covering

To: BillB@bnj.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: response from Tim Suddard on floor covering
From: GRMTim@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 10:17:37 EST
Okay, Precision Epoxy is the one who sells this. They just started advertising
with us again. I am at home, so I don't have their phone number. Either call
me at work Monday, or look them up in the Nov. 98 issue.

The stuff does work but... There are a couple of problems with it. First, it
doesn't tolerate welding burns at all. You will need to cover the floor with
plywood when you weld. Second, it is slippery as hell when wet. You can add
sawdust or sand and it cuts this problem down, but it then ruins the look and
makes it harder to sweep. Another minor problem that can be buffed out to some
degree is that dragging stuff, like furniture or an engine block, over the
floor will scratch it.

Honestly, at my new shop, I didn't have time to have Precision come and do my
floor, so I did a quick fix with Walmart's best floor paint with half the
recommended dosage of anti-slip sawdust. For $40 I got a pretty decent floor
with none of the above problems. Yes, it is less impervious to brake fluid and
yes, it doesn't look as cool. But, I am very happy with this setup and it has
lasted well for a year and a half. I have decided to stay with this setup
permanently.

Tim Suddard/Publisher/Grassroots Motorsports