fot

The 2001 'do'

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: The 2001 'do'
From: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 09:06:40 -0000
Dear FOTers

It would be a superb idea to have a FOTer meet at Goodwood in  June 2001.
I'll have a chat with John Macartney later today (I check my e-mail at
6.00am - John will not be up at this time, but more likely he's not even
back in yet!!).

I would be only too pleased (and I know John would) to meet up with fellow
FOTers at Goodwood in 2001, and I know John and I will organise something
to make any such trip a memorable one. Last year's event was truly
fantastic I'm told. Many of the old GP drivers raced in MILLIONS of pounds
worth of vintage racing and sports cars, and several of them said it was
the best racing event they've ever attended.

There are two ways we can do it. Either we pre purchase tickets etc. and
turn up to enjoy the day as presented by the organisers, or we could
organise an exclusive 'FOTer Hospitality Package' at the circuit which will
include a reserved table/s, full 4 star catering and 'champers' etc. - this
facility will not be the cheapest. As I run my own 'corporate
entertainment' company, however, I'm sure I can get us a 'cost deal'. I
know there will be plenty of U.K. Triumph people at Goodwood in 2001, so we
could end up with our own 'Private Triumph Racing Chalet' within the
exclusive tented village -we'll see. Other alternatives include 'campers'
or tents parked in a reserved area for the duration of the event (self
catering). I'll get some costings over the next few days to see what's on
offer. I will, however, front up with a welcome drinks and nibbles
reception for the FOTer group - whatever we decide to do. John and I can
also advise on tours and trips etc.

Best wishes

Paul