fot

Re: 2001 Triumph Odyssey

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2001 Triumph Odyssey
From: Richard Taylor <n196x@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 11:12:29 -0500
Jeff,
What a terrific idea!  My 'ole TR-4 is street/race legal and ready to go.
My   ' wife, however, got race saturated 20 some years ago after
entertaining our youngsters in the pits of 200+ motorcycle races.  All
forms of racing are now catagorically charactorized as, "loud, dirty and
nasty," (even on a spring CAVU day).  But I don't fault her in the least.
I look back on my old selfishness and simply wonder at her patience and
love.  Last year out of five races, Nancy drove the 45 minutes up to Road
Atlanta once to show my two youngest (teenage) kids what Daddy does for
fun.  They stayed for the whole 6 laps of the qualifying race, had a hot
dog and coke and then went to a birthday party or something!  And even at
that, I felt guilty about taking up their time.

However, a couple of weeks in England sporting about in an eye-catching
little red vintage sports car might do wonders for this deeply rooted guilt
that's been eating at me for so long.  Besides, I wouldn't be doing it for
me, it would be for the reinforcement of a 25 year marriage!  Quite frankly
I probably can't afford the time and money for such an excursion...but for
Nancy, no sacrifice should be too great.  As I said, it really wouldn't be
for me anyway, because obviously I don't deserve such an adventure.  But
Nancy does, and it's probably time that I stepped up to the plate and
sacrificed a little. I've got to stop thinking about myself all the time
and attend to my greater responsibilities and marital duties!
Man, I can't wait to start some sacrificing!
Jeff, Thanks for opening my eyes to this opportunity.

Who knows the SOP and cost for getting a car to England?

Richard Taylor
Atlanta