fot

What the heck am I Doing???

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: What the heck am I Doing???
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 11:26:12 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

I'm just looking for a sanity check. I presume the response will be -
"Yep, you're insane", but I need some feedback.

What the heck am I doing?

I've got about a zillion hours into my "project", and it still looks like
a pile of parts. Nothing is going back together yet. I have at least 6
major subassemblies in various locations around the house and garage -
let's see the body shell is hanging in the garage - needs lots-o-welding,
the motors - yes three of them, are in various states of disassembly in
the basement and garage, the trannys are all over the place. The frame is
sitting in the garage with the major suspension parts all installed -
with the exception of the two rear hubs that are in a box _somewhere_ in
the basement.

And what did I do this weekend? I sat down with the TRF parts books and
figure out how to spend at least another $2k for stuff that _need_ and I
made a separate list of stuff to get from other suppliers - probably
another $1k or so... then I watched several mooooovies and generally
could not move due to a serious headache (for going three days - so far).

And, I came into work today and guess what? The office downstairs is
having some sort of major work done on it right now - there's a person
running a "hammer drill" to poke some holes in the masonary.... lovely.

Oh - anybody got a lead on an early TR6 weber intake manifold for triple
WeberZ??? I got a price yesterday from a local-ish source of the
mid-$300's range... sounds about right, but I'd like to find a used one
if I can. I have a later-style Cannon DCOE - but I have a cache of three
early Circle B heads, so I think I'll be using those for my project. BTW,
one is shaved to the 12.5:1 ratio - looks like I'll be using Cam 2 or
some other racing fuel for that puppy.

Speaking of which, I called APT in CA yesterday asking about the Weber
manifold and spoke with a 'gent with a British accent by the name of
Dave... David Vizard, maybe???

Enough ranting.

bye,
rml
1.4 TR6's
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |