fot

Re: Friends of Triumph (fwd)

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Friends of Triumph (fwd)
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 14:15:51 -0500 (EST)
Friendly Folk o Triumph...

I would like to nominate a person up here in the Northeast who is an
active Triumph SCCA Racer (and long-time racer at that), racing a Triumph
Spitfire in G Prod - that person being Bob Beaulieu. I've attached his
reply to my invitation below. As you can see, Bob is afflicted not only
with the Triumph thing, but also with attachments to "other" British
marques including MG and Jag-u-are.

Mark B., if you could kindly tickle the proper keys and ad Bob B.  (e-mail
= beaulieu@tiac.net) to the FOT list, I would greatly appreciate it. I'll
cc Bob and have him chime in on his own. Notice that Bob B. was thinking
about creating an entity much like FOT... our kind of guy!

The Bob Totten mentioned in the reply is another NET buddy, the guy with
the "replica LeMans Spitfire" that some of you have met at VTR and at
least one VSCDA event.

You may also note that there's a lot of folks in New England with the
name Bob... I'm sure there's some sort of Monty Python skit that I could
refer to.... ah yes! Mind if we call you Bob? It'll save a bit of confusion!

Note: I think the comment about "parade laps" is meant in good fun, but
Bob is a racer for sure.

Bob B. - send mail to fot@autox.team.net to get your message to the
Friends of Triumph. And yes, if Totten showed you pictures of a Burgandy
TR6 - it is my current car. As I suggested, there's another on the way!

C ya.
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |