fot

The pleasure and the pain

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: The pleasure and the pain
From: bob bownes <rbownes@neworks.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 12:10:09 -0500
Once every february we get a nice 50+ degree day. On that day I dig out the
garage and take the TR6 out for a drive.

Yesterday was that day.

Was a nice drive in to work after 10 minutes trying to get the car to
start. Sounded good, felt good. Ran an errand @ lunch. Nice way to spend my
day. But on the way back from the bank, under hard baking I felt something
large move in the car.  I kinda wondered what it was, but figured it was
probably the spare in the trunk.

Got in the car to head home and it was clearly NOT the spare. A constant
'whack, whack, whack' was eminating from the driveline under acceleration.
And something big and heavy is loose back there.

Long story short, I limped it home couldn't see anything, but I'm pretty
sure I've ripped the differential out *again*.

Sigh. Good thing it's winter and I've got lots of time to work on
this...yeah, right.

iii