fot

Devin TR4?

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>, "Bill Devin" <devin@discover.net>,
Subject: Devin TR4?
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 20:36:06 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0081_01BE5B7E.4F730EE0

Dear FOT and racers,

As many of you know, I purchased what was purported to be a Devin TR3. =
When I picked it up, I noticed that the wheels and tires seemed to be =
lost deep in the wheelwells. Since the seller was a TR3 racer himself, I =
made the mistake of taking things at face value and I surmised that a =
good set of 5.5" wheels and substantial rubber would fill the void. In =
my research,  I came across the Bill Devin website and found the Spec's =
page in the photo section. Devins came with many variations in length =
and width. The one I bought has a 28" grill opening, which I assumed was =
correct since the seller said it was and always had been a Devin TR3. As =
luck would have it, I came across another Devin TR3 body shell recently =
and measured it. It has a 24" grill opening, and is 4" narrower all =
around. I had already begun preparing a TR3A parts car into a tub donor =
for the Devin, but now I'm wondering about my options. I chose the TR3 =
format because I could race it in the same group and class that I race =
my TR3A in now, but moving up to a TR4 donor would move me into a =
different race group as well as additional expense. I'm not even sure =
that mounting a Devin on a TR4 is a period thing to do. Does anyone know =
if Devin TR4's ever existed? I know that it probably would fit an MGA or =
a Healey, but I'm a Triumph guy. Any suggestions? =20

Bob Kramer, Austin TX
Hill Country Triumph Club
TR6's, TR250's, TR3A vintage race
rgk@flash.net

------=_NextPart_000_0081_01BE5B7E.4F730EE0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Dear FOT and racers,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT><FONT size=3D2>As many of you =
know, I=20
purchased what was purported to be a Devin TR3. When I picked it up, I =
noticed=20
that the wheels and tires seemed to be lost deep in the wheelwells. =
Since the=20
seller was a TR3 racer himself, I made the mistake of taking things at =
face=20
value and I surmised that a good set of 5.5&quot; wheels and substantial =
rubber=20
would fill the void. In my research,&nbsp; I came across the Bill Devin =
website=20
and found the Spec's page in the photo section. Devins came with many =
variations=20
in length and width. The one I bought has a 28&quot; grill opening, =
which I=20
assumed was correct since the seller said it was and always had been a =
Devin=20
TR3. As luck would have it, I came across another Devin TR3 body shell =
recently=20
and measured it. It has a 24&quot; grill opening, and is 4&quot; =
narrower all=20
around. I had already begun preparing a TR3A parts car into a tub donor =
for the=20
Devin, but now I'm wondering about my options. I chose the TR3 format =
because I=20
could race it in the same group and class that I race my TR3A in now, =
but moving=20
up to a TR4 donor would move me into a different race group as well as=20
additional expense. I'm not even sure that mounting a Devin on a TR4 is =
a period=20
thing to do. Does anyone know if Devin TR4's ever existed? I know that =
it=20
probably would fit an MGA or a Healey, but I'm a Triumph guy. Any=20
suggestions?&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Bob Kramer, Austin TX<BR>Hill =
Country Triumph=20
Club<BR>TR6's, TR250's, TR3A vintage race<BR><A=20
href=3D"mailto:rgk@flash.net";>rgk@flash.net</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML=

------=_NextPart_000_0081_01BE5B7E.4F730EE0--