fot

Re: Undercoating

To: Tony Drews <tmccis@REVEALED.NET>
Subject: Re: Undercoating
From: Linda <loliver@cyberhighway.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 11:16:28 -0800
--------------AB0EA77839D558BDFCC6605B

I use a heat gun and a putty knife for this operation. Only use as much
heat as needed which is not much once you get the ball rolling. Work the
heat in front of the knife as you work slowly forward.

Now being one who really enjoys pyro-technic displays ( you can do some
really great things with oxy acetylene) ... I would persuade you not to
mix a torch with the 'tar-like' substance- which coincidently is tar
without the structural rocks on our era Brit cars. It burns.. it burns
well. It smells... it smells a lot. The resultant smoke does however make
pretty designs on the ceiling.

Good Luck

Tony Drews wrote:

> Hi, any helpful hints on removing the tar-like undercoating from my
> TR-4's wheelwells?  I'm considering warming it up with a propane torch
> to see if I can scrape it off...
>
> Thanks in advance, Tony Drews
>
> TR-4 vintage racer under construction

--------------AB0EA77839D558BDFCC6605B

begin:          vcard
fn:             Linda Oliver
n:              ;Linda Oliver
org:            Dis-
email;internet: loliver@cyberhighway.net
title:          Queen for Life
note:           Fashion consultant to the beautiful people. A real Giver and a
a right snappy Ballroom dancer.
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1