fot

Re: Undercoating

To: Tony Drews <tmccis@REVEALED.NET>
Subject: Re: Undercoating
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 16:12:41 -0600 (CST)
On Sun, 21 Feb 1999, Tony Drews wrote:

> Hi, any helpful hints on removing the tar-like undercoating from my
> TR-4's wheelwells?  I'm considering warming it up with a propane torch
> to see if I can scrape it off...
>
> Thanks in advance, Tony Drews

        Tony,

                That's how I did it... Of course the body was not attached
        to the frame at the time and anything flammable was put well away.

        Also if you can find some card board or really cheap paricle board
        put it under the body. Then when you are done just toss the whole
        mess away. Oh yes use work gloves and a couple of paint scrapers,
        and an old long-sleeve shirt and jeans that you don't care if they
        gets totaled. It's a messy ugly job....

        Greg

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois