fot

Re: Spit exhaust questions

To: bob bownes <rbownes@neworks.net>
Subject: Re: Spit exhaust questions
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 22:27:55 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, bob bownes wrote:

> Susan,
>
>       My Spit had a straight pipe to the back of the car on a standard MK II
> header. When I went to events needed sound reduction, I had a $8 glass pack
> that went on. worked well.

Hmmm, that's pretty much exactly what the Hardly Boys RaceSpit 4 has
always had. When Rik and I first put it back together back in 1983 (gasp,
has it been THAT long?), the most nearly intact header was a Mk.2
"factory" header. Mostly due to our rush to get it running, we opted for
the quickest, easiest possible exhaust system:  Flex pipe and "Cherry
Bomb". Been that way ever since, although I think we had to replace the
flex pipe once (gets kinda rusty and brittle after about 10 years).

Not very scientific, but it seems to work ok.

--Andy