fot

Re: Overdrive Transmission Mainshaft

To: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@virginia.edu>
Subject: Re: Overdrive Transmission Mainshaft
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 12:04:41 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, R. John Lye wrote:

> At 08:40 AM 3/4/99 -0500, Jack Wheeler wrote:
> >I am looking for overdrive transmission mainshafts for the TR-3B through
> >TR-6 transmissions (i.e. all synchro gearboxes).  This would be the short
> >mainshaft which fits into the 'A' Type overdrive unit.
>
> Hi Jack (and anyone else who's interested),
>        There's been a thread on this issue lately on the main Triumphs
> list.  Apparently Quantum Mechanics has been re-manufacturing these
> main shafts.  From the Monster list:
>
> >Quantum Mechanics
> >John Esposito
> >505 Wheeler Road
> >Monroe, Connecticut  06468
> >(203) 459-9612
> >(203) 261-8497 fax
>
> I have no personal experience with them,

I have. John's a pretty good guy. A straight-shooter. I've recommended
his services to many folks. He knows his stuff.

I didn't know he was re-manufacturing these shafts, but I know he gets a
lot of stuff from the UK. Like twin SU's for spitfires. A lot of folks up
this way have done that conversion.

> John Lye
> rjl6n@Virginia.edu

rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |