fot

Re: Fuel Pump Kill Switches

To: pmcmull@ibm.net, emanteno@ibm.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump Kill Switches
From: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 17:46:33 EST
In a message dated 3/4/99 5:30:28 PM Eastern Standard Time, pmcmull@ibm.net
writes:

<< I simply wired my electric fuel pump through my oil pressure switch on
 the engine block.  No oil pressure...no fuel pressure.  I also installed
 a bypass switch allowing me to fill the bowls after long periods of non
 use. >>

That's basically what I've got on the TR4 I autocross, but I've been advised
to change it.  Although the switch will shut off fuel to the carbs and help
prevent a fire in the event of a crash, it won't necessarily save the engine
in the event of an oil pressure failure, since the fuel bowls will be full and
the engine could keep running (without oil pressure) until that's gone.  The
recommendation was "a big red light on the dash" to tell me to manually shut
everything down.  Seems like the combination of cutoff switch to the pump and
big red light would be ideal in a racecar...

Don Marshall