fot

Re: Diff Differences...

To: jwheeler@robus.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Diff Differences...
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 13:42:29 EST
In a message dated 3/5/99 8:17:37 AM EST, jwheeler@robus.com writes:

<< I used a welded rear end in my TR-4A race car for 23 years nad never had
 any problems.  Mine was an IRS car, and when I was first setting it up I
 talked with Bob Tullius  >>

<snip> I have always run the Lockers (thank you Mr. K!) with fine results.
Bob T did try to persuade me to weld the diff.  We came to the "conclusion"
that welding probably resulted in better lap times for a TR with IRS, but
perhaps not for a solid axle car.  I also was still flat towing the TR3 in
those days, and a welded axle would not have worked very well for that.

The only failures in thirty years of using lockers came at Laguan Seca
shortly after GM reformulated their Locker oil (probably to comply with
laws regarding oil from large sea creatures) I lost two side gear dogs.

The point of the story: the oil counts  Redline heavy "Shock Proof" suggested,
or 85-140W

     HP