fot

Re: Diff Differences...

To: Malaboge@aol.com
Subject: Re: Diff Differences...
From: TR3197@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 13:47:56 EST
Quaiffe:

If the car is set up properly, it reportedly allows true differential action
to wheels, with power going to the outside wheel at a slightly faster rate
than the inside wheel.

If it is not driven well or the car is not set up well, the inside wheel will
pick up and spin. I think it forced me to drive better and with more
concentration, as I started my learning curve. It also made me do a little
more fiddling with the suspension.

I notice that DLs have a tendency to cause the car to twitch as it locks and
unlocks. The Quaife is seamless.

I think, with the fewer moving parts and solid construction, it is nearly
bullet proof. John Deere has used a form of this in some heavy duty axles. JD
usually stays away from stuff that is not proven technology.

Not a great tecnical assessment, but it is my story and I am sticking to it.