fot

Re: Diffs and Wheels

To: JELehman@ix.netcom.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Diffs and Wheels
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 12:20:13 EST

>I asked if anyone knew anything about Cosmic wheels and never heard a word
>about it on the list.  I really like these wheels and I contend that they're
>correct because they came with the car and we've been 15 years in
>restoration.  That makes the almost period correct, no?
>
>John Lehman

John-

<Personal Observation Mode ON>
I recall there being 2 major designs of Cosmic wheels (probably others.) One
style was a sort of a spoke arangement similar to what was on Lotus Europas,
which was OK. The second design (like I can describe this...) had squarish
holes toward the outer part of the center section and the face of the wheel
was "stepped" looking. These wheels were quite popular on many English cars
and often showed up at the tracks until, rumor has it that  more than a few of
them broke in a big way.  Most everyone stopped using that wheel pretty quick
and the wheels dissappeared from the competition cars. If these are the wheels
you have, I would crack check them religiously and retire them if they are
even a little "suspect".
<Personal Opinion Mode Off>

Wheelie Cosmic Dude...
       Nick in Nor Cal