fot

Re: Diffs and Wheels

To: "John Lehman" <JELehman@ix.netcom.com>, <GuyotLeonF@AOL.COM>,
Subject: Re: Diffs and Wheels
From: "ALAN N. TAYLOR" <atenglish@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 23:13:50 -0500
At 02:35 PM 3/5/99 -0500, John Lehman wrote:
><< I asked if anyone knew anything about Cosmic wheels and never heard a
>word
>>about it on the list.  I really like these wheels and I contend that
>they're
>>correct because they came with the car and we've been 15 years in
>restoration.
>>That makes the almost period correct, no?
>>
>> John Lehman >>
>>
>>Cosmic wheels are correctly period for Triumphs.
>>I had a set of Mk.2's on my Herald.
>>Those are the most commonly found.
>>They were current 1969-73
>>They are also found on Mini's (smaller) and TR's (larger)
>>also Lotus etc etc...
>>They also happen to be very high quality castings, made of LM.25 Alloy
>>I think the alloy has a magnesium content, as they are very light at 11.4
>lb
>>on my Herald.
>>I have now sold that car and those wheels with it.
>>Shame.
>>They were the best wheels that I have ever had.
>>Keep on rolling
>>Leon
>>

>That's pretty much what I hoped to hear.  I think they look great and appear
>awfully stout, and they are indeed quite light weight. Thanks to all who
>replied.
>
>John Lehman

 An ex-partner of mine bought an old English junkyard a few years ago. In
one of the buildings were stacks of new Cosmic Mags still in the boxes. I
know I saw 10's 12's and 15 inchers. I would think there were 13's also.
His name is Barry Rosenberg and he owns British Car Service near
Atlanta,Georgia. The phone # there is 770-432-8417. Don't leave a message
and don't talk to anyone else. Just be persistent..............Alan Taylor