fot

TR-6 Rubber Damper

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-6 Rubber Damper
From: Jack Wheeler <jwheeler@robus.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 13:01:20 -0600
I am rebuilding a 1974 TR-6 engine for a friend.  She bought the car new,
so we know it has 116K miles on it, and the damper is the original one.
When I disassembled the engine, I noticed the rubber was badly cracked on
the front side of the damper, and on the back side was starting to 'ooze'
out of the groove.  Is this is a common problem on the TR-6?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to proceed.  Are new dampers
available?  Does anyone rebuild them?  How about good used ones?  I
appreciate any advice you can give us!