fot

Re: Re: The 'wind -up'

To: TR3197@AOL.COM
Subject: Re: Re: The 'wind -up'
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 11:31:06 -0500
At 07:57 PM 4/2/99 EST, TR3197@aol.com wrote:
snip

>No, I dont know what vetted means, either.

After I shared John and Paul's exchange with my wife and we stopped
laughing, I had to pull my dictionary, "British English A to Zed" off the
shelf.

vet, verb.
With particular reference to candidates for a job, but now commonly used as
well in security checking. By a logical extension, vet can mean
'authenticate,' ... The term is derived from the practice of sending
animals, especially race horses, to the veterinarian surgeon before purchase.

~~~

So endth the lesson!

Lucky for me I don't need my passport vetted for Mid-Ohio! We'll see you
all there!