fot

Re: Fwd: Rebirth Announcement! This is the year!

To: TR3197@AOL.COM, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fwd: Rebirth Announcement! This is the year!
From: "Gregory Petrolati" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 12:44:22 PDT

>From: TR3197@aol.com
>To: fot@autox.team.net
>Subject: Fwd:  Rebirth Announcement!  This is the year!
>Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 15:01:58 EDT
>
>New FOT member, Gary Weizorek, wrote such a nice introduction of his
TR4 and
>himself to his friends, I felt it needed to be shared with the FOT.
>
>Joe
>
>Please welcome him.
>
>In a message dated 4/17/99 8:19:06 PM, gwizracing@cfu-cybernet.net
wrote:

><<Hi everyone,
>
>After nearly five years of work (off and on), between long work hours
>and out-of-country assignments, the assistance of lots of dead
>presidents($), and primarily with the significant help of some
excellent
>friends, the rebuilding of my 1963(4) Triumph TR4 is finally
complete.

>She came to life last Sunday April 11th at about 6:45 PM.  Doctor
Jack
>Drews delivered, as Tony Drews and I assisted.  She had minor
breathing
>complications at first (poor intake manifold gasket seal), but
basically
>roared to life at first ignition.  She screamed for the first 3 or 4
>minutes during camshaft break-in (as recommended), and had a slightly
>elevated temperature (normal), but never burped or whined or anything
>like that.  She has a healthy appetite for 110 Octane Leaded
formula. I
>am unsure about her weight, but I would estimate it at a healthy
2,000
>pounds.  Her color is pretty good, although a little German in her
>genetics greatly influenced her British heritage with a Porsche Red
>glow.

  Congrats, dad... I hope she and her dad become a terror to the
teutonics quickly.

I'll be glad to get your bouncing baby girl in my crosshairs this
year! My first vintage event won't be until the Mid Ohio event in
June... I'll probably not be able to get a shot at her her until the
Fall Festival as owing to financial constraints, I'm going to give
the BRIC a miss this year in favor of going to Grattan (I've never
been there and the Green Man has a hankering to mark some new
territory there)...

Best of luck to the both of you

Greg Petrolati ("baby" book photographer)