fot

Fw: Luminition Ignition/Rev Limiter

To: <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Luminition Ignition/Rev Limiter
From: "Roger Beasley" <beeline@iline.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 10:37:53 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_01BE9550.FF9AA600

Amici,

I don't know how many of you are running rev limiters.  The text below
details some of my recent (and first) experience with a limiter, and the
manufacturer's response.

I have been kicking myself for screwing up six or seven race weekends while
I fooled around with this problem, but it all goes back to lack of
knowledge of the product on my part.  That, and not really thinking out the
problem very well.  I had convinced myself that it couldn't be the rev
limiter because it didn't act like I thought a rev limiter would.

My question to the group is, how much cushion if any, do you set into the
limit?  If your target shift point is 6,000rpm, where do you set the
limiter?