fot

Re: TR4A saga

To: Bob Kramer <rgk@flash.net>
Subject: Re: TR4A saga
From: "R. KASTNER" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 23:57:54 -0700
I had a series of cylinder heads made wherein they scrubbed the top of the
internal cores about 1/8" so that the stock machining gave a 12.5 to 1
compression ratio.  Then with the cutting and grinding I would just  mill a
little more more to get my 12.25 ( ideal) . This left the total thickness almost
stock therefore giving the material needed around the combustion cambers on the
squish area side. It could be one of those heads. The difference between the
late TR-3 early TR-4  head was at the inlet port side.  The early inlet ports
had a ball mill inserted in the face about 1/4" and this made the face side
larger that the port bore by quite some fbit.  It allowed for no interference
problems with the stock manifold when the head was produced this way. Later
heads were without this mill operation and were better in my opinion as the
reduced size gave a higher velocity of the  fuel charge.