fot

Racing Seat Question

To: "FOT" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Racing Seat Question
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 16:35:24 -0500
Since things are quiet on the FOT list and guys who would normally answer
questions for newbies like me are writing their memoirs

;-) ;-) ;-)

I'll ask a question.

I called Kirkey Racing today, to get information on their line of racing
seats, intending to replace the tired old fiberglass racing bucket that
came with my TR4. I was advised by Kirkey that the proper way to mount the
seat is to the roll cage, and that the belts should be attached to the roll
cage as well. The old bucket is bolted to the floor, as are the eyebolts
for the lap belts and anti-submarine belts, the shoulder harness is a wrap
around style, attached to the roll cage.

Unfortunately, several of the esteemed FOT have tested their safety
equipment. Happily, the equipment did the job. I would appreciate the
wisdom of the list on this matter. Thanks as always,

Irv