fot

Nostalgia

To: sefisher@cisco.com
Subject: Nostalgia
From: "michael l. cook" <mlcooknj@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 22:09:49 -0400
Scott - I spent today working on a story about a TR-4A, driving a
photographing Nick and Cheryl Hanges' red '66 and I remembered, several
times, days like your day on California 1. Like New York to Cincinnati
overnight in a TR-3 to be best man at a wedding. And back to New York
the next day, losing the generator in West Virginia (on Sunday) and
making it all the way back to Manhattan, even with lights on the Jersey
Turnppike, where the car coughed its last on West End Ave, next to a
parking space!

And being pulled over by a NY State Trooper one evening as I was
returning from the Watkins Glen Grand Prix. I was puring rain and I had
been doing about 90 - same TR-3. And the cop said "I just wanted to tell
you to take it easy on the speed - it's slippery out!" And walked away.

But I didn't have a lady in a high-speed pursuit car ... how could I
re-write this epic to include her????

Run, do not walk, to the mailbox and send your story to British Car
magazine - if I were Gary Anderson, the editor, I'd certainly print it!

Great words, well assembled!

Mike Cook