fot

Re: High revs

To: Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: High revs
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 07:14:05 -0400
Hi Paul

At 08:44 AM 5/14/99 +0100, Paul Richardson wrote:
>I've recently been told (from a very reliable source) that 'rumour' has it
>that somewhere in the States there's a TR6 engine that revs to 8500! To say
>the least, I feel that there's more chance of Lord Nelson getting his eye
>back than a six revving to 8500 - unless it's got a Porsche 910 engine!!?
>
>Have any of my FOT pals heard the same 'rumours'?

At the VTR National convention in Asheville, NC, I followed J.K.
Jackson in the autocross.  Since I was following him, I didn't get
to see much of his runs, but I could hear his car and with the
way he was split shifting the O/D and the rpms he was pulling,
it sounded more like a motorcycle than a TR-6.  Anyway, I asked
him what rpm it was that he was shifting at, and he took me over
to his car and showed me the tell tale on his tach (electronic).
It showed that he'd hit 8500 rpm!  I was flabbergasted, but it
sure explained the sounds his motor was making.  So, that's one
TR-6 that's pulled 8500 rpm.

BTW, Paul, is there anyway that you can set the "Reply to:" line
on your mailer program to read correctly?  Right now its missing
your user address (it just reads: "@cyberware.co.uk"), and so it bombs
when I try to reply directly to you.

cheers,

John Lye