fot

High revs and Miscellaneous Stuff

To: Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: High revs and Miscellaneous Stuff
From: TR3197@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 11:11:46 EDT
Paul & FOT,

In answer to your question, Paul.  This weekend I saw an ex- Group 44 TR6 at
Summit Point with red line set at 8500. The gentleman is on the FOT list and
he may reply and reveal himself.

BTW, the Jack and Joe Show was on the road.  Jack was mentoring me in the
fine art of retirement. We headed points East.

(Bill Dentinger asked me, this morning, if I needed to go to confession after
this week of boundless fun) I did not give him a clear answer.

First stop was Indiana, PA. Checked in at Holiday Inn and asked for senior
citizen discount. Well developed girl questioned my age. I told her that I
was retired. Quick on her feet, she said there was not necessarily a
relationship between retirement and age.  I told her we could go next door to
Scottie's Motel for $38. She asked me how I knew Scottie's price.  I said I
didnt know, dropping my eyes and taking another savoring look at her,    I
said, "....38 was the first number that came to my mind".  She broke up and
was unable to continue checking us in...

Being older means you can get away with stuff like this.

Had dinner with Charles (The Guv'nor) Runyan at the Coventry Inn. (Great
place and great food) Charles promises the appearance of the TRS (sans
engine).

Saw Ted Schumacher and Lanky Foushee at Carlisle.  Saw Brian Redman, Russ
Moore, and others, at Summit Point. Weather was marvelous.

MG/Triumph Challenge:  Met with Mark Palmer at Summit Point....he is the MG
side of the MG/Triumph Challenge. Things are progressing nicely with June's
Mid-Ohio event. Better yet, SVRA is going to kick in $1,000 for our wine and
cheese fete for Saturday evening. This is very generous, I'd say.

The Wine and Cheese will be held in the garages and catered in. All members
of the FOT will be expected to be there.  Bill Dentinger is the Master of
Ceremony, (if we come up with a program)  Jack Drews was going to come up
with some entertainment, but apparently driving a Triumph and being
entertaining is a mutually exclusive situation (except for Bill) and he
cannot find anyone.

Great time last week.

See you this summer, Paul and all.

Joe