fot

Re: High revs and Miscellaneous Stuff

To: TR3197@AOL.COM, Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: High revs and Miscellaneous Stuff
From: Russ Moore <rem9@cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 11:54:06 -0400
Re: ex Group 44 TR-6 at Summit Point- BRIC Jefferson 500
That was the ex-Group 44; ex paul Newman car which now belongs to Bill
Warner of Florida. That was beautifully redone and was a part of the 92
Triumph reunion at Mid-Ohio. That car by the way used to live a few miles
from me and I was very amazed one day when a good friend invited me over to
visit a piece of history. The car at that point was unrestored and still
bore the Newman Silver and Black livery. Apparently something went awry
with this "supposed sale" and the car went back to the earlier owner.
Something about a restorer who sold the car without authorization........
I'm not sure of the details, but for maybe a month or so it was in the
posession of Gary Hatch in my same town. Next thing I knew the car was
beautifully restored and Bill was driving it "with vigor". Rolling history
at it's finast!

Russ Moore