fot

8,500 RPMs

To: fot@autox.team.net ('fot@autox.team.net')
Subject: 8,500 RPMs
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 12:21:41 EDT
Amici:

I've not been sleeping well, since hearing there might be AMICI hitting 8,500
rpms in their TRs.

All I can say is WOW!

In our current THUNDER BOLT set up (CR gears, no overdrive, 3.7 rear end,
500/15 Dunlops) that translates to the following:

                        83.3 mph in FIRST
                        107.1 mph in SECOND
                        136.7 mph in THIRD
                        168.1 mph in FOURTH

We have trouble getting past 6,000 rpms in FOURTH on the three long straights
at ROAD AMERICA.  We run out of road.  Course, we're old FARTS and scared to
death.

Bill Dentinger