fot

Re: High revs ain't just talk!

To: Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk
Subject: Re: High revs ain't just talk!
From: "R. KASTNER" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 07:57:48 -0700
Its sure fun to see all the comments on the high revs of a TR-6 engine. In
particular I like the idea of worrying about a red line marked on someones
tach. I put a 7200 red line on my tach in1958 and scared half the guys in the
class out of trying to go shift for shift.  Big lies are always a great help.
Red tape is cheap. I hardly ever ran it over 6300 (except in dire emergencies).
So.....the plan is a little red tape can be a  definate performance boon. Oh
yeah, I really did do the 8000 with the stock (starting) crankshaft. Power
peaked at  and a very nice 252 bhp. We ran engines like this quite successfully
for over a year on the same crank.