fot

Tires

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Tires
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 18:07:36 EDT
Brothers in Grease-

Just when you thought it was safe...the update I know you wanted to know
about <g>.
Believe it or not, the resurrection of the Duke of Oil (my recently acquired
TR4A) is behind schedule! I had penciled in the month of April for the paint
shop. According to my calendar the car should be going back together but it's
still awaiting a nice new shiny coat.
Just as well, I've gone thru 3 4.55 rear ends trying to find a good one.
Those puppies are getting really hard to find, but on the plus side I now
have a big pile of rear end housings from different TR's cluttering up my
floor.

Not that I'm ready for 'em yet, but at the rate I'm goin, there will be some
sort of drama involved…with tires. What sort (and size) are folkes using on a
TR these days in the vintage arena? Somehow I don't think my 25 year old
slicks are gonna be the "hot ticket" anymore. In fact, they may be so hard I
may have to use a hacksaw to get em off the rims. <g>

Is it just me?…or do other people use their die grinder on toenails?
     Nick in Nor Cal