fot

Bondo and the Bard

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Bondo and the Bard
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 02:55:08 -0600 (MDT)
Maybe I'll call my next Triumph Crispin.

You know, there may be enough interest to warrant a possible side trip during
the 2001 Triumph Odyssey involving Shakespeare.  Gee, I wonder, have they
even heard of him over there?

[Technology should be such that you all see an animation of me ducking for cover
 as you read that quip!]

The last few days I've been working late at the shop, getting Killer ready for
the upcoming events this month.  Saturday is our local British club's annual
field day.  Usually a good time, with lots of cars on display.  Well, that's
what I hear, I usually spend the day wearing out tires on the, uh,  "autocross"
course.  Given the space restrictions we have, it makes the figure 8 thing at
the Fort Worth VTR convention look like a solo trials layout!  It is great fun
though.  Then sunday is one of the local SCCA region's biggest autocrosses of
the year.  Hope to have Killer entered, ready or not, for that event.  Pugs is
gonna be toast!

I've actually driven the car up and down in front of ths shop the last few
nights as I work on various mechanical and electrical bits.  I *think* that
GM alternator is charging the WalMart lawn mower battery, I'm not really sure.
Maybe I'll take a fully charged spare.

While the car is running, and running well, I might add, cosmetics are
another story.  The bonnet needs work.  Lots of banging and filing and
sanding and welding and grinding and noise and dust lately.  The last trip to
the paint supply place I picked up a gallon of body filler made in England -
hey, it might help.  But for this weekend's events, and no doubt the vintage
racing weekend at Wendover on the 26th and 27th [Anyone busy that weekend?]
the Killer Spit will be sporting an odd assortment of unfinished bulges
carelessly covered with dripping primer.  I'll worry about Best of Show next
year.

mjb.