fot

Mid-Ohio

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Mid-Ohio
From: Jack Wheeler <jwheeler@robus.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 16:00:48 -0500
It was just 2 years ago this week that I received a call from Phil
Bradbury, current owner of the TR-3 race car I built years ago, asking if I
was available to co-drive in the Enduro at the Mid-Ohio vintage races.  I
threw my driver's suit and helmet in my TR-2 street car and headed off to
Lexington Friday after work.  Had a great time co-driving with Phil (I
think we ended up second in class), and a great weekend overall.  We even
got our picture on the front page of the Mansfield Sunday paper!

I first raced at Mid-Ohio with my TR-4 in 1975.  Being one of the closer
tracks to my home in Indiana, I have raced there often, and have many fond
memories.  I've also seen a lot of changes (most for the better) at the
track over the years.

I first went to the vintage races there in 1986, and have been back every
couple of years since.  Always very enjoyable, and it gets better every year.

A year ago when I booked a beach house at Cape Hatteras starting this
weekend I did not know the MG-Triumph challenge was going to be taking
place this year.  So, needless to say, I will miss the event. I have really
enjoyed all of the planning and other amusing conversation on line about
the event, and am now really sorry that I will have to miss it!  I even
bought some FOT t-shirts from Ted, but will have to wait until IRP this
fall to wear them.

To everyone on the FOT list who will be participating in the Mid-Ohio event
this weekend, have a safe, fun and successful weekend.  And remember the
most important thing...  Don't let the MG's win!!!