fot

FOT Planning

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: FOT Planning
From: TR3197@AOL.COM
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:19:54 EDT
Reviewing the e-mail, much of the Mid-Ohio event has been hashed out so I
wont attempt to slather a bunch of useless words on top of it.

Thanks to all who contributed to the success of this event.

"Nascar" George Wright was awesome, btw.

Worth mentioning was a great dice among the three TR4s  back in the first
third of the pack...Roger Beasely, Tony Drews, and Sean Alexander.

Money talks!  Mid-Ohio went to SVRA and SVRA came to Mark Palmer and me at
the W & C party.  They are very excited about this event being an annual
event. They have taken notice of the Triumph success of 1992 and again with
the MG/TR event this year. Any thoughts from the FOT on this?  I think we can
support it with a decent turnout.

Forward planning in the Midwest. (Brooks asked about FOT racing in the
upcoming months. He is in the east)

I do not know who is going to be at Mosport over the 4th of July other than
Mike Jackson.

There is a Gingerman event in Michigan in the middle of July, but I do not
know who is going to be there.

Our next event in the Midwest is the Brian Redman International Challenge.
Some of will us likely be found in the SOUTH PADDOCK. Tony Drews and Gary
Wiezorek are going to run, I believe. Brick, Dentinger, and perhaps Wismer.
Perhaps also John Houlton and Doug Karon. Rumor has it that we may have a
visitor from England, but have not heard from him on this.  (BTW, Ken
Richardson was nicely mentioned in a Triumph article in the Mid-Ohio Program)

VTR Convention: Many FOT will be there from all over the country.
Contemplating a departure breakfast on Sunday morning at our hotel, which is
on the Ocean. As long as it does not conflict with any other VTR activities,
it seems like a good idea.

Grattan is in the third week of August. We are going to push for attendance
on this one. Great FOT party time in conjunction with Team Thicko along with
food and live music. Grattan features great grassy camping area in sight of
most of the track. Plan on this one. Near Grand Rapids, it is reachable by
many FOT.

Of course, The Fall Festival ar Road America is in September, and among the
best of season finale events. IRP is also very good and in a class of it's
own. Also quite centrally located for many.

The Jack & Joe Show are contemplating HSR at Daytona in November and hope
that others will join us.

Enough of this.

Joe