fot

Re: FOT Planning

To: TR3197@AOL.COM
Subject: Re: FOT Planning
From: bwarner@mediaone.net
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 09:30:39 -0400
TR3197@AOL.COM wrote:

> Reviewing the e-mail, much of the Mid-Ohio event has been hashed out so I
> wont attempt to slather a bunch of useless words on top of it.
>
> Thanks to all who contributed to the success of this event.
>
> "Nascar" George Wright was awesome, btw.
>
> Worth mentioning was a great dice among the three TR4s  back in the first
> third of the pack...Roger Beasely, Tony Drews, and Sean Alexander.
>
> Money talks!  Mid-Ohio went to SVRA and SVRA came to Mark Palmer and me at
> the W & C party.  They are very excited about this event being an annual
> event. They have taken notice of the Triumph success of 1992 and again with
> the MG/TR event this year. Any thoughts from the FOT on this?  I think we can
> support it with a decent turnout.
>
> Forward planning in the Midwest. (Brooks asked about FOT racing in the
> upcoming months. He is in the east)
>
> I do not know who is going to be at Mosport over the 4th of July other than
> Mike Jackson.
>
> There is a Gingerman event in Michigan in the middle of July, but I do not
> know who is going to be there.
>
> Our next event in the Midwest is the Brian Redman International Challenge.
> Some of will us likely be found in the SOUTH PADDOCK. Tony Drews and Gary
> Wiezorek are going to run, I believe. Brick, Dentinger, and perhaps Wismer.
> Perhaps also John Houlton and Doug Karon. Rumor has it that we may have a
> visitor from England, but have not heard from him on this.  (BTW, Ken
> Richardson was nicely mentioned in a Triumph article in the Mid-Ohio Program)
>
> VTR Convention: Many FOT will be there from all over the country.
> Contemplating a departure breakfast on Sunday morning at our hotel, which is
> on the Ocean. As long as it does not conflict with any other VTR activities,
> it seems like a good idea.
>
> Grattan is in the third week of August. We are going to push for attendance
> on this one. Great FOT party time in conjunction with Team Thicko along with
> food and live music. Grattan features great grassy camping area in sight of
> most of the track. Plan on this one. Near Grand Rapids, it is reachable by
> many FOT.
>
> Of course, The Fall Festival ar Road America is in September, and among the
> best of season finale events. IRP is also very good and in a class of it's
> own. Also quite centrally located for many.
>
> The Jack & Joe Show are contemplating HSR at Daytona in November and hope
> that others will join us.
>
> Enough of this.
>
> Joe
I'd like to make a suggestion for future events.  How about an all
British race, with a modern cut-off of 1972 and an early cut-off
somewhere in the early sixties.  Keep the field to less than fifty cars
and as nice as MG-TF's, TD's, and TC's are, I believe the speed
differentials are too high to include them (here come the nasty e-mails
from the MG contingent).  To be perfectly honest, I nearly wiped out a
powder blue TC because I am convinced the driver wasn't paying attention
and to be honest was not going any faster than he would on a country
lane.  It is dangerous to mix cars of such different performance
capabilities.  I also do not believe in mixing open wheel and closed
wheel cars, which, unfortunately, is becoming more common.  Bag to the
original idea, though, it would be great to have some Healey's, Elva
Couriers, and Jags with which to mix it up.  What do the rest of you
think.  Bill Warner