fot

Re: FOT nominations

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FOT nominations
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 12:11:25 -0600 (MDT)
      A list of Triumph racers and autocrossers bigger than the
      entry list at some vintage events.

Well, the last vintage event I attended had a whopping *seven* drivers
for the first day.  The Killer Spit, though not really prepped for road
racing, was the oldest car there, the only Triumph and one of two British
cars.  The other was Rich Sheya's Lola.  Got to take the Lola for a few
laps at the end of Saturday's festivities.  Like I thought, I do NOT want
a formula car.  I do NOT want a formula car.  I do NOT want a formula car
How many reps do I need to make myself believe it?

I had more throttle linkage problems and bailed out of the first session
early, but was one of the three cars left running at the end of the
afternoon race.

The next Intermountain Vintage Racing event is the same weekend as the
VTR meet, drat!  But we have the last one of the year coming up in late
september.  Maybe if I blow off any solo divisionals and don't go to
Topeka, I can get my other racing Spit out of mothballs and on the track.
We shall see.

But yes, this FOT list is pretty neat.

mjb.