fot

G-production not meeting criteria

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: G-production not meeting criteria
From: beaulieu@tiac.net (Beaulieu Advertising & Design)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 17:02:56 -0400
Hi Fot'ers

        On the weekend of the 3rd, I was running the Nationals at Lime Rock
Park, and a little problem was brought to my attention.

         The GP ranks (I'm sure FP too)  are not meeting the average quota
(3.5 cars per race) of starts.... within  a year or two, if these numbers
are not met, the classes will be dropped.

        After 6 months of reviewing these lists from FOT, I realize most of
you are Vintage drivers, but if not, I'm asking, why not give a National a
try...Yes, there are some very fast cars, yet at the same time there are
some really well prepped, but not earth shattering speed cars that run mid
pack that have a lot of fun.

        Compared to a Regional; you get twice the driving for approx. $10
more entry.... that equates to two practice/qualify @20 minutes each, and
at LRP a 30 lap race (10 minute racing here)...

And some, believe the National calibar driver has his/her head in the
air... not so, I find the hospitality as equal to any other racing
series...

Formula Vee and GT 5 almost went into oblivion, but with a well campaigned
e-mail and website criteria, both classes are very comfortable today....
I'd like to see the same with the Production cars, before we loose them
(by the way in the May Nationals, there were five Lotus 7's running, with
12 e cars in the field... when was the last time you saw that!!)

So if you have the oppportunity, don't be turned away from the National
(Hey the reporting is better in SportsCar) and come on out and join us...
who know, maybe the Mid-Ohio runoffs isn't as far-fetched as you believe!!!

As a reminder, we loose these classes, I believe, it will definitely
reflect on the vintage ranks a few years later.

Thanks for the time

R #32 GP Spitfire
(and street cruiser '62 MGA)