fot

Re: VTR and TRF

To: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: Re: VTR and TRF
From: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 09:48:50 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Jack W Drews wrote:

> How many FOT are going to the VTR convention?

Yes. I'm the guy in the "red suit". ;-) Staying at the host hotel.

> How many are going to the TRF Summer Party?

Yes. Haven't been for 6 years. Figured I'd go and see what 300 + TR6's in
one place looks like. If I bust my hump on my project car - I'd like to
_try_ to be the fastest TR6 there. So, in other words - I'll be dragging
a car there. However, if the project completion is hopeless in time for
either VTR or TRF (it's looking that way, but I have not given up hope
yet!) then I'll just be driving my CarMine TR6 to TRF.

My plan is to leave the Boston area on Thursday the 5th in the evening
and take major interstates to the Scranton area and then finish the trip
on time on Friday the 6th so that I can make the drag racing!! AutoX is a
must, of course. Everything else is optional. Of course if I take the red
car, I'll probably make a couple of "complimentary runs" at the driving
events, but will pass on a "full competition" run in favor of making it
"both ways" to/from the event.

As a point of reference my last trip to TRF included spending
considerable time repairing a friend's car after he semi-rolled it at the
autoX. We still made the two-way trip both ways in both cars, but his
windshield was leaking rather profusely on the trip back. Nyuk, nyuk.

> --
> uncle jack
> TR4 racer -- yeehaa
> TR6 streeter -- hummahumma

rml
TR6's ZOooommm.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |