fot

Robson

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Robson
From: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 08:59:16 +0100
FOTers

Further to John Macartney's e-mail yesterday about Graham Robson's article
under the 'Robson' title in the latest issue of Triumph World. - It baffles
me how this latest example of Robson's malicious, ill thought out waffle
ever got into print.

He picks up (second hand) on an unqualified remark made by a representative
of a parts supplier who said 'As far as we are concerned the Triumph Marque
is dead and buried." All but Robson would ignore it as an unfortunate
remark made by someone completely out of touch (and probably now out of a
job). Typically, Robson prefers to use it as a platform to develop yet
another example of his megaphone oratory which can only be described as
vitriolic, malicious, insulting and, of course, completely inaccurate.

He homes in on the Gaydon Heritage Centre by saying, "Why is it that the
Heritage people at Gaydon seem to neglect Triumph, the cars and the people
who made the marque famous?" Anyone who has visited Triumph days at Gaydon
or used the facilities knows this is absolute cod's wallop. It should also
be noted that Robson, whilst castigating Gaydon, has been quite happy to
'use' the facilities there for many years for the research he uses to swell
his own coffers.

Robson also points his self opinionated insults at - can you believe -
Triumph enthusiasts. He said of the recent STER event in Holland, "What
have the organizers done to offend the French who didn't hardly turn up at
all?" with similar comment pointed at Belgian and Swiss enthusiasts. - What
the hell has it got to do with Robson which Triumph event people should or
should not attend? Is he also under the delusion that his remarks have
encouraged French, Belgian and Swiss enthusiasts to support STER next year,
or might they chose to avoid any event he is connected with? - This aspect
should be very carefully considered by future event organizers.

I was damned quick to ring Gaydon and disassociate the Richardson name with
any of Robson's rubbish, and Gaydon I know are going to deal with Robson in
their own way.

He also says, "Rather than bleating as separate, ringfenced, insular club
outfits," (I wonder if club officialls enjoy that description of
themselves?) clubs should act as 'one marque.' Could this be related to
some sort of new, authoritarian committee Robson's drumming up to use as
yet another soap box for his damaging piffle?

The reason I've put my opinion on general release is that I want to be
counted. I also think it of paramount importance that Triumph enthusiasts
and their clubs  voice their opinion on if they consider their best
interests have been served by Robson's latest outburst. For it is this type
of crap, I believe, that provides the perfect example of how to cause
damaging bad feeling throughout the world wide Triumph community.- It can
only be stopped if people speak up.

Yours in anger

Paul