fot

Re: It was a great meet - Re: VTR

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: It was a great meet - Re: VTR
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 20:10:45 -0400
At 03:47 PM 8/3/99 -0600, Mark J Bradakis wrote:

snip

>I had a great time, it was nice to meet some new folks.  Henry Frye, in
>particular, for two things.  He was the first person at the autocross to
>get out there at full chat, and actually squeal some tires.  Fun to watch.
>And also the memorable moment when I was sitting at a table on the boat to
>the lobster bake, he walked over, set down a frosty can of brew in front of
>me, and said something like "I've been wanting to do this for a while."
>Thanks!

Mark,

You are quite welcome. Being in the computer industry myself, I can only
imagine what a typical day in front of your keyboard dealing with the
masses is like. All on a volunteer basis. You are quite deserving of that
Heinekin, and any more beers I can buy you.

As far as my first competitive event behind the wheel of a Triumph, or any
vehicle for that matter, all I can say is wow, what a rush. My stock TR3
street driver got pushed to the limit and came back for more. On my third
and final run I really went for it and missed first place by less then two
tenths. I would have had the first had I let up on the gas a bit in the
hairpin to allow the rear to catch!

Oh well, a second place in a field of 7 (or was it 9?) is fine with me.  I
was showing my FOT colors during the event. I hope I did the FOT proud!

A guy on the main Triumphs list posted a few pictures of the event for
those interested.

http://pages.cthome.net/BobD/vtr_1999__portland.htm

Now I really got to find that race car!   ;-)