fot

There's definitely something damn funny going on

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: There's definitely something damn funny going on
From: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 08:57:47 +0100
Hi group

I think the strange goings on in England must be a pre-cursor to the
Eclipse of the sun next Wednesday that the learned professors didn't count
on. There must be some sort of tidal problem going on. A pal of mine in the
Royal Navy has told me that all leave for RN atomic subs and war ships has
been cancelled in Portsmouth and similar orders have been prosecuted to our
American cousins based at Holy Lock in Scotland. They've been ordered to
put to sea tomorrow night although not on red alert (probably worried about
strong tidal movement).

On the BBC 6:45am news this morning Dr. Jonathan Radcliffe of the
Meteorological Office said (roughly), "On the build up to, during and after
the eclipse next Wednesday we can expect a very sudden and notable drop in
temperature and considerable precipitation may be caused due to wind
mixing." This was also confirmed by another Dr, who's name I can't
remember, from the Science Museum. If any of you FOTers hear anything on
the news your side of the pond let us know.

I'm sure there's no reason to panic or become alarmist - but I've booked
some flights to Wisconsin on Tuesday - so will Bill Dentinger, Joe
Alexander or Jack Drews get some beds made up for me, Jonmac and Pete
Cahill. We've decided its better to pretend nothings going to happen as
observers rather than participants.

Paul