fot

Re: Proposed new member

To: Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk, owner-fot@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Proposed new member
From: TR3197@AOL.COM
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 11:45:36 EDT
Paul & Doug,

I will take pleasure in seconding the proposed new member and hope he will
share some experiences with us in the time to come.

Mark Bradakis, plunk your magic twanger once again, please.

Doug, the rules for the FOT is that there are no rules. Welcome aboard.

RE: Formula Vee Mating: Paul, obviously the grape vine is alive and well.
Grattan was great.

Uncle Jack took the flag for first in class and I came in a somewhat distant
second, but fended off Rita Manganaro in her very quick Alfa Romeo. We were
nearly side by side at the checker. One more lap and she would have had me as
she did at IRP last October.

Jack was second only to one other production based car (Porsche 356) as the
rest of the group in front was sports racers.

Don Brick, Dan Buxner, Bob Wismer, and Irv Korey all ran well for the weekend
and I do not know of anyone  (Triumphs) who broke. Obviously the FOT has got
there act together.

Mike Jackson & John Harkness elected to run their Formula Vees instead of
their TRs. Bill Dentinger ran the Thunderbolt in the USSRC race but stood
down for  our Group 2 race, for some unknown reason.

Perhaps some others might share their impression.

As you have heard front running Mike had some action behind him during the FV
race. We were sitting trackside when a FV bounded into the air landing
squarely on top of a competitor. The guy on the bottom apparently was unaware
of the situation, attempted to move his car off of the track using the
starter motor. The guy on top had to yell at Phil to "stop that". The top car
was removed from Phil Cull's with a tow truck hook in derrick fashion. A very
odd mechanical mating ritual, I'd say. Saw this once before, last year, at
Turn 5 at Road America with a couple of CART competitors.

Both driver's were OK and the incident was a "that's racing" incident
attributable to the close racing that comes with Formula Vs.

Doug, pleas give us a short bio....I hear you have some interesting stories
to tell.

Regards,

Joe