fot

Re: Watkins Glen

To: Paul Richardson <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Watkins Glen
From: bwarner@mediaone.net
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 07:43:45 -0400
Paul Richardson wrote:

> Hi Racers
>
> It looks like a  great line up for next week end - wish I could be there to
> cheer you all on.
>
> In fact I'd like to catch the plane right now because I've spilt white
> paint over our Springer Spaniel 'William'. Julia will go ape....... when
> she gets back from work. I've got most of it off with turps and water
> (thank god it was undercoat) but part of one off his black patches is now a
> nipple pink colour and I've had to trim an inch and a half off the bottom
> of both his ears (paint on the left one).
>
> Anyway, before Julia gets back,  have a great time at the Glen you guys and
> if you don't here from me in two days time - phone the police.
>
> All the best
>
> Paul
To all FOT.   Did not mean to let you down at Lime Rock, but I had no
rain tires, and Jos. Lucas (the prince of darkness) decided he'd had
enough water, also, and shut everything down as I exited the down-hill.
I truly believe it was the wettest I had ever been while clothed.  At
least I beat the Bob Sharp 280Z and a handful of 911's (started second,
finished a soggy, and I really mean soggy, fourth.   Bill Warner