fot

Joe Alexander's Retirement Project

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Joe Alexander's Retirement Project
From: EISANDIEGO@AOL.COM
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:03:55 EDT
Fellow FOTer's

    I am sure Joe is having all too much fun now that he is retired. He needs
to be put back to work. I propose we assign him the task of writing a new
book on Triumph racing in the 50's and 60's. Properly certified by the
unofficial FOT seal, it could then be presented to every vintage tech
committee throughout the United States. Imagine what those tech committee
members will think when we show up with new engines, flares, slicks,
aluminum/fiberglass bodies, and tube frames that Joe discovers in his
research were use in the early 1950s.

    Incidently, someone mentioned to me  that there was a company that
purchased early TR shells and installed a larger engine...never seen one. Is
that true ?

    Too much coffee...Cary